Both electromagnetic and mechanical finite element modelling are powerful tools for designers of electric machines. For high speed applications, some examples of the areas where Best Solution can provide modelling support are:
* Rotor containment can losses (caused by modulation of rotor field by stator teeth)
* Rotor stress distribution resulting from shrink fitting of containment cans
* Rotor stress distribution at maximum speed
* Investigation of rotor and shaft vibration modes and critical speeds
* Copper losses resulting from leakage fields
In addition, Best Solution can assess thermal performance using sophisitcated steady state and transient thermal models.